now browsing by category
This is a resource for a GCSE art project.
General google search
Specific pages of skull designs
1. consider the different ways a design could be applied to a skateboard:
a) Vinyl sticker
b) Stencil & spray/sponged acrylic
c) Freehand acrylic
2. Consider different designs that would suit each type of application (task 1), and the pros and cons of each technique. Use the links above to get started on finding examples.
3. Create at least 3 different designs per application type.
4. Look at expanding the design beyond the basic skull design, and using the entire board as a canvas. Think about textures/patterns that would work with/behind the main design.
More tasks to follow…
Things to remember:
- if you are looking at either application type a or b then you need to keep the lines clean, and have a small set number of solid colours (no shading)
- a or b will reduce the amount of time required to apply the design and with greater accuracy
- c will give a greater possibility of shading and detail